The Bradford North Methodist Circuit has joined in partnership with FaithWatch in the Bradford Area, which is run by the West Yorkshire Police [WYP]. WYP recognise the importance of supporting members of the faith community in creating secure environments.
Faith Watch is a partnership where the faith communities come together to help prevent crime in and around faith buildings. Within the last 6 months there were 103 offences of metal theft taken from religious buildings in West Yorkshire. This initiative continues the work recently undertaken to our Church buildings by the introduction of Smartwater last year on all our properties.
What will FaithWatch do:
- It assists in reducing the opportunity for crime to occur
- Develops an awareness of preventative measures that may prevent crime in and around their faith buildings and additionally their own home
- Become part of a wider faith community network receiving and relaying pertinent related information
- Improve understanding of other faiths and concerns
What do we do:
- Be alert to any suspicious behaviour or activity in your local area especially around your place of worship
- Report information to the scheme Co-ordinator, and in serious cases to the Police
- Implement basic crime prevention techniques
- Support the scheme Co-ordinator in distributing information to the rest of the worshipers and local community
Over the coming months FaithWatch signs will be erected around each of the Church premises in the Circuit.