Skip to main content

Goodbyeeee!


A secret farewell service! What a surprise! Actually I probably had to be told as (and this will come as no surprise) I was all on for organising my own “DO” Ha Ha! But what a “Do” it turned out to be! I can’t begin to thank everyone who came and made it such a wonderful experience, and for those of you who have taken the time to write to me.

When I started the job, I had never been so welcomed and as I leave I have to say I’ve never been so thanked!!! So many years of fun, laughter, prayers and tears (both of joy and frustration!)

Hundreds of children have been told the Good News in oh so many strange ways – a giant Christingle and noisy wacky nativities, puppets and action songs, wet fish and 5000 salt people, Noah activity days, Pirate holiday clubs, services and assemblies with pizzas or bread or chips and even ice cream, the many manifestations of Friends and Heroes sessions and pretzels, hot cross buns and lit up tombs, the list goes on.

You will all have your own memories of our children’s work, and to go back to my welcome service, I used a meditation about sowing and nurturing the seeds of Faith. I think we have been pretty good farmers, planting, tending and caring for our “kiddy” crops. The results are not always obvious, but the quality of the teaching and the level of support and encouragement these youngsters have received, will have left them feeling that our churches and the people from them have something special inside them. And some WILL come to know that special thing as Jesus, our and their Saviour.

God Bless all of you and Byeeee!

Love from Sharon
ex Children’s Ministry Enabler

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fresh Aire Fair Trade

Our Fairtrade organising committee will be launching its new name, Fresh Aire Fair Trade, during Fairtrade Fortnight with a circuit event: 10.00 am to 12.00 noon Saturday 12 March 2011 St Andrew's Methodist Church The event will be opened by Rev Richard Atkinson, former minister of the Woodhouse Grove Circuit and Chaplain of Woodhouse Grove School. Richard is making a special visit back to the circuit for the event which will include refreshments and opportunities to buy "Fair Trade" and "Traidcraft" food and gifts. There will be children's events and a chance for all to win a prize by designing a new logo for the group. We look forward to welcoming you. (Also see the Fairtrade Fortnight events at Thackley Methodist Church)

Christmas Craft Fair

10.00 am - 1.00 pm Saturday 4 December 2010 - Thornton Methodist Church Hot mince pies and refreshments Admission 50p inc tea/coffee