Skip to main content

John Wilson - a message from the new Circuit Lay Pastoral Visitor/Co-ordinator


John Wilson
Circuit Lay Pastoral Visitor/Co-ordinator

Hello Everyone,

My name is John Wilson and I am the New Circuit Lay Pastoral Visitor/Co-ordinator.

I am married to Heather and we have a grown up daughter who lives in York, we also have a large black cat called Stumpy (his tail had to be amputated). We like to go camping around the country in our folding camper.

I worship at St Christopher's Church of England in Holmewood, where I am the Reader and one of the 2 Church Wardens. For 40 years I worshipped at Ebenezer Methodist Church at Dudley Hill where I was a Local preacher and Circuit Steward.

Originally I am from Scotland (God’s own Country) from farming stock. We moved to Bradford in 1964. I have been very involved in Scouting as a Cub Scout Leader and Asst District Commissioner. I have run my own business for 20 years, but we were on the wrong side of broadband technology and my business has all but finished.

I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone and working with you all. I passionately believe that God can do great things through very ordinary people.

Yours in Christ

John Wilson

Comments

  1. John,
    Welcome to the Bradford North Methodist Circuit. We will meet soon as I am on the CLT, as the Circuit Property Manager.
    I've stolen you blog and uploaded the same on to our [www.baildonmethodists.org] website, hope you don't mind
    Ashley france

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fresh Aire Fair Trade

Our Fairtrade organising committee will be launching its new name, Fresh Aire Fair Trade, during Fairtrade Fortnight with a circuit event: 10.00 am to 12.00 noon Saturday 12 March 2011 St Andrew's Methodist Church The event will be opened by Rev Richard Atkinson, former minister of the Woodhouse Grove Circuit and Chaplain of Woodhouse Grove School. Richard is making a special visit back to the circuit for the event which will include refreshments and opportunities to buy "Fair Trade" and "Traidcraft" food and gifts. There will be children's events and a chance for all to win a prize by designing a new logo for the group. We look forward to welcoming you. (Also see the Fairtrade Fortnight events at Thackley Methodist Church)