With social responsibility on your mind for the 2012 Games, here's some important news.
Our Social Justice Team have highlighted human trafficking and prostitution, homelessness, the environment and Fair-trade as ways you and your church can play their part.
Here's your next step -
1. Sign up for the Social Justice workshop at Get Set - the day for churches to get ready for the Games. Social Justice is one of the 11 workshops at each of our 'Get Set' days throughout the UK. Here you will discover:
- How your church can respond to human trafficking and prostitution
- How your church can respond to homelessness
- How your church can be responsible over the environment and Fair-trade
- Engaging with peace through the '100 Days of Peace' initiative
Please don't come alone. The full workshop choice at Get Set gives your church new ideas, strategies, skills and resources to help them well beyond 2012.
There are full-day sessions on Running Community Festivals, Using Sport to Impact Every Age-group and Being a Games Pastor. And electives on Reaching Children and Youth, the Torch Relay and Your Community, Prayer, Using International Mission Teams, Mission Through the Paralympics and Games-related Social Justice.
Get set is on Saturdays from 10.30am to 4.30pm. The dates and locations are February: 25th Reading, 25th Cardiff, March: 3rd Stoke, 3rd Bath, 10th Wolverhampton, 10th Central London, 17th Greenwich, 17th Gateshead, 24th Barnsley, 24th Weymouth, 31st Bolton, 31st East London, April: 21st Glasgow, 21st Stevenage, 28th Belfast, 28th Nottingham.
For the full details and registration go here.
2. Free pack of ideas and help - with a fair-trade focus
A free 48 page compendium of resources is now out .It has lots of ideas on how churches can engage with their community. And also ways to wake a church up to the opportunity.
It is all through the lens of keeping everything fair-trade. To check it out and order it just go here.
3. See the latest on our website
There is a growing amount of information on the Social Justice section of our website.
It gives you information on each of the concerns highlights by the Social Justice Team.
To find it all just go here.